Tuesday, October 31, 2006

FW: for those intrepid nuke engineers who were contemplating...

integrating iTunes into the emergency control rod retraction code.

Received from my friend J:

From the iPod license agreement:

THE APPLE SOFTWARE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE IN THE OPERATION OF NUCLEAR FACILITIES, AIRCRAFT NAVIGATION OR COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS, AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL SYSTEMS, LIFE SUPPORT MACHINES OR OTHER EQUIPMENT IN WHICH THE FAILURE OF THE APPLE SOFTWARE COULD LEAD TO DEATH, PERSONAL INJURY, OR SEVERE PHYSICAL OR ENVIRONMENTAL DAMAGE.

WTF??!!? All I can say is – fuckin’ lawyers. Is this unabashed job security or am I living in a cozy little fantasy where people don’t generally sue companies for protracted stupid shit? Oh, wait – it’s the lawyers that do the suing. I guess it makes sense then. Never mind. Y’know I didn’t see anything in the eula about not jabbing yourself in the carotid artery with a shard of a broken iTunes CD. They missed that one I guess. I suppose this was the “paranoia du jour.”


2 Comments:

Blogger Alejandra Ramos said...

This made me LOL...

Mon Nov 06, 01:40:00 AM EST  
Blogger cakreiz said...

It made me cry... I'm a lawyer!

Tue Jan 02, 11:31:00 AM EST  

Post a Comment

<< Home