Sunday, January 02, 2011

My Review of Roku HD Player

Originally submitted at Roku

The new HD, with built-in wireless, delivers top value in high-definition streaming.


Waited too long!

By Rosey from Portland, Orygun on 1/2/2011

 

5out of 5

Pros: Video selection, Easy to set up, Built in Wi-Fi, Great value, Reliability, Easy to use, Compact, High quality picture

Best Uses: Bedroom, Primary TV, Secondary TV, Living room

Describe Yourself: Netflix fan, Casual User

I'd give it 4.5*. Some features like search, rewind, forward aren't perfect. All things considered it's a great product at a fair price. I fired the cable company ($75/month to watch TV!). I needed to upgrade my Netflix plan from $4.99 to $9.99, but I think that's quite fair considering how much you can watch instantly.

Set up was seamless, but took a little time... going back and forth to my computer & the bedroom, upgrading my Netflix plan etc. I am a late adopter, and wondering why I waited so long!

(legalese)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home