Thursday, May 28, 2009

Blogger Blogging Bloggest

I’m on Facebook, I’m on Twitter, I’m on Blogger. I am a blogger, albeit a very part-time one. I’ve been blogging just over 3 years, and it can be very time consuming. Also there are significant technical challenges. Blogger, from Google, is free, so all the support is on-line, which is to say, you are on your own. I feel old; even though I am reasonably computer literate, the internet is a complex place: Blogs, news sites, search, search engine optimization, etc. I recently had renewed interest in blogging, because I saw an article on-line that suggested job seekers start a blog, on a subject about which they are an expert. I started mine the aforementioned 3 years ago, but haven’t been updating so frequently. I spent hours today redoing video posts that contained nudity. I thought it was hilarious putting angry tenant messages to pictures, including nudes of famous chicks that let their goodies out on the internet by “Accident” (Britney Spears and Vanessa Hudgens). I have noticed that female bloggers, especially young ones, get many more hits on their profile than men in their forties. They also seem to have time to post a lot, many being housewives.

I checked my Adsense account today, to discover that in the 3 years I’ve been doing this, I’ve “Earned” $28.64. I’ll get a check about 2 months after I hit $100. Wow! I read about a “Professional Blogger” who makes over $100,000 a year blogging. He said if he posts everyday, he gets more traffic. He went on vacation, and asked someone to post for him. The guest poster posted about 20 times a day, and his hits exploded.

In this odyssey, I suddenly thought about my high school friend. He is the single best writer that I know in person. In spite of his immense talent, he has been frustrated in trying to become a published author (as have I, but I don’t have his talent). He strove all his adult life to become a reporter, and when he finally achieved it, it wasn’t all it was cracked up to be. [sigh]. I’m suddenly thinking that a blog might be his best bet to make money and get famous writing. All one has to do is write relevant stuff and promote the hell out of one’s blog. Admittedly, I have no idea how to do the latter. But if you write they will come, won’t they? Just a thought…

1 Comments:

Blogger Rosey said...

My buddy started a blog!

http://thegestureblog.blogspot.com/

Thu Jun 11, 02:31:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home