Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Letter to Corzine RE: State of the State Address

Rosey
Northern, NJ

Governor Jon Corzine
PO Box 001
Trenton, NJ 08625

RE: State of the State Address

January 9, 2008

Dear Governor,

I don’t know how much longer I can stay in New Jersey; I’m not a multi-millionaire. I can barely afford to live here, paying $12,000 in property taxes for my modest home. But where will I go? I was raised in Bergen County, and lived most of my years in New Jersey.

In your address, you said,

“please ... let’s not insult each other or the public with empty rhetoric …that we can pay down the debt and fund transportation improvements if we ‘just cut more spending and get rid of all waste, fraud and abuse.’”

I say insult me. Please insult me! I want to hear “empty rhetoric” directly from your mouth saying that you can and will cut spending. Otherwise, you are just another liberal, tax and spend Democrat!

¨ Cut spending in failed Abbott school districts, where the administrators drive Jaguars and take European vacations on taxpayer dollars.

¨ Cut aid to towns that have been the target of criminal investigations and convictions for fraudulent waste of taxpayer dollars.

¨ Cut ineffectual State Commissions which have been mired in scandal.

¨ Cut overtime for State employees.

¨ Cut the size of the government.

¨ Cut the B.S. about borrowing against future toll hikes. Borrowing is borrowing! You’re just moving the bubble around under the pool cover, and fooling no one.

¨ Cut, cut, cut! Because I am sick and tired of carrying all of New Jersey around on my back!

Very truly yours,


Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home