Tuesday, February 08, 2011

My Response to Senator Jeffrey A. Merkley

Dear Senator,
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act is an awful bill, and I don't believe you have read it. (Please tell me I'm wrong). It is not accomplishing it's lofty goals. When my COBRA ran out last year, I was denied coverage due to a "pre-existing condition" that had already been operated on and resolved. My new insurance plan from Providence jumped about $100 a month in premium 2 months after taking effect. I currently pay $758 a month for a family of 4, and am struggling to pay it. It is obviously not affordable. Even worse, the deductibles and out of pocket costs are so high, that I would need to get hit by a bus or get cancer to make the policy worthwhile. My total annual out of pocket is something ridiculous like $27,000. That's the median income of an Oregonian. I think Obamacare has immediately made my life worse, driven UP costs, driven UP premiums and deductibles, and generally hurt the economy. Polls show Americans hate this bill, and favor it's repeal. By supporting it, you are out step with the American people.
Respectfully,
Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home